Friday, July 22, 2011

30 (Movie Related) Things About Me

1. If I recognize an actor in something, I can name atleast 5-6 other movies/shows they've been in and their characters' names, any awards they have won, who they're married to/dating and whether they have kids, and atleast 3 other irrelevant facts about their lives.

2. I could easily spend more time watching Special Features than actual movies, especially "Making of"s and Bloopers.

3. I have yet to see a scary movie that actually frightened me.

4. I often consider the third movie in a trilogy to be my favorite (LOTR, Pirates, Bourne, Indiana Jones...)

5. My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King.

6. Of the 40 films Johnny Depp's been in, I've seen, atleast in part, 25. And I've only been disappointed once.

7. The first horror movie I remember seeing was Dog Soldiers. And one of my favorites is the Descent. Both were directed by the same person.

8. I adore period films, especially those set in the Victorian age.

9. I've easily seen over 1300 movies, and I'm only 19.

10. I found the amputation scene of 127 Hours more disturbing than any of the Saw movies.

11. I think Morgan Freeman, Sam Elliot, Emma Thompson, and Julie Andrews have the most soothing voices of all time.

12. I laugh everytime I see the pencil scene in the Dark Knight.

13. I've watched Maverick every June since 4th grade.

14. Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite directors, and we share a birthday.

15. I can't stand Owen Wilson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ed Harris, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, or Laura Linney.

16. I've never seen all three original Star Wars movies.

17. I often quite like movies that get poor reviews.

18. If a movie is based off of a book, once I see the movie, its impossible for me to read the book.

19. In the Exorcist, the scene where Regan speaks with the demon's voice for the first time made me laugh. And the only thing that creeped me out was the spider walk down the stairs.

20. I'd sooner be able to pick my favorite hair than pick my all-time favorite movie.

21. imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) is the most visited website on my computer after Yahoo and Facebook.

22. Some of the worst movies I've ever seen are the Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, MegaShark vs Giant Octopus, Tidal Wave: No Escape, Deep Core, and At the Earth's Core (the last 4 are all films I watched for my Geology & Cinema class).

23. I adamantly refuse to see the movies W and Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.

24. I think being a film critic, a movie fact checker, or a film editor would be the greatest job in the world.

25. I've yet to meet a bigger movie buff than me.

26. I was in total shock when I first found out Mel Gibson was Australian, Christian Bale was British, and Johnny Depp was American.

27. I think Tom Cruise is one of the most overrated actors of all time.

28. I was near tears when I found out Bernie Mac and Heath Ledger died.

29. I often make movie references in everyday conversations, and get ridiculously excited if people understand the reference.

30. I can quote almost all of the dialogue in Mean Girls and Matilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment