Sunday, July 17, 2011

ELF Pout Perfecter

I recently ordered the Pout Perfector in a huge haul from ELF. They were having a huge sale (60% sitewide!) and I absolutely couldn't resist. I was able to pick up a bunch of things that I've been wanting to try. The first of which was the Pout Perfector. I mainly wanted to see what it was used for -- I'd never heard of the product type before.

So here comes my review:


Claim: "Create more volumized, fuller looking lips with the optical illusion of the Pout Perfecter gloss. The sheer pearl gloss instantly transforms your dull lip color to a defined light reflecting glow. This makeup artist secret can now be yours for picture perfect fuller lips, everyday!"


First Impression: This looks like a metallic-y, glittery pink lipgloss.


The applicator is a brush as opposed to the more typical doe-foot applicator, which I quite like. There is a little less placement control with this type of brush, though.

The gloss is rather thick, but not sticky (a combo I love!). Its very glittery with a metallic finish, which gives lips are more plumped look. A dab in the middle of the lower lip plus a little just by the cupid's bow instantly gives the illusion of fuller lips. I've actually read reviews of people getting asked if they got lip jobs when wearing it!

I used this over a self-made lipstick color (I mixed a bright Barbie-pink with my favorite nude color, and got a gorgeous new shade!). I have a rather thin upper lip and an average lower lip, but this gloss really upped the oof! factor. I had fuller, sexier looking lips without the tingling effect of a plumper! It'd definitely work for a nighttime look, especially for going to a party or a club.

The main downfall I find with this product is the texture. Unfortunately, the glitter is not very finely milled and can be felt when rubbing your lips together. This gritty feel reminds me of when salt or sugar gets stuck in my lipgloss. Its rather irritating. I also wish they had a wider array of colors -- there's only the pink 'Glow' shade. I think a nude color would be gorgeous.

Overall, I give this 3 out of 5 stars. The color and effect is gorgeous, but the texture really does it in for me. I also don't see myself reaching for this very often, so I probably wouldn't repurchase it.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment