Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beauty Challenge: Face Products Only!

I've been mulling over the idea of starting a few makeup series on here, so I'd be more likely to blog at regular intervals. This first series will be Beauty Challenges: challenges including limits on products or tools I can use, time limits, skill challenges, etc. Feel free to leave a comment below with any challenge ideas you have!
This first challenge was to create a full face look using only face products. This was actually easier than I thought it would be (except for the lips) since I usually only wear face products on the average day. The result was a sort-of tropical eye, peachy-bronze skin, and a natural looking lip.

For the face, I basically did my everyday makeup. I started with my ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer all over the face followed by Neutrogena SkinClearing foundation in Fresh Beige (#70). Next, I used the ELF All Over Cover stick in Apricot Beige as a concealer under the eyes and on any problem spots. I set everything with NYC Translucent Loose face powder. I contoured with the ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder--this bronzer has been my go-to for a while, though I still like the Rimmel Natural Bronzer better. For cheeks, I first applied Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Pink Frosting with my fingers and then layered over it a bit of ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed. Go easy with this bronzer, because too much can result in very orange cheeks! Finally, I used Maybelline Lunar Energy powder in Moon Dust (discontinued; I found mine at the dollar store!) to highlight my cheeks, nose, and browbones.

For eyes, I "primed" my lids with a self-mixed concealer. I used ELF All Over Color stick in Golden Peach as a sort of cream-color base which I topped off with the ELF Natural Radiance Blusher in Glow. This is a super pigmented blush with a gorgeous color, very similar to NARS Orgasm, but it does have quite a bit of fall-out. In the crease, I used ELF Studio blush in Pink Passion and then Covergirl Cheekers in Classic Pink to soften the hot pink color. On the lower lid, I used the Pink Passion blush on the outer half of the eye, and the Glow blush on the inner half. For a bit of highlight, I used the ELF Shimmer Palette (light pink shade) on the tear duct and inner corner.

And finally for lips, I mixed a Sally Hansen Natural Beauty concealer in Dark with the highlighter from the ELF Under-Eye Concealer & Highlighter duo, and applied it to the lips. I topped it off with Physician's Formula Happy Booster blush in Rose to add a pink tint.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this look. I love how the eyes turned out, and I'm sure it'd be doubly awesome with some mascara. I really like the lip color too; hopefully I have a lipstick/gloss combo that gives me the same look!

Try the challenge for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment