Friday, November 18, 2011

Calypso??

Hello, my peeps! Happy Friday! It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday! Haha sorry for putting that in your head! I just love Fridays, especially because I only have one class and its over by 10am. Wooo!

So this look was something I just whipped up while playing with my ELF 100 palette. I've been trying to make a real effort to get some use out of this thing. This look is pretty simple and easy with a fun pop of glitter eyeliner. I wasn't sure what to call it, but I thought it seemed faintly tropical so Calypso worked.






To start, I used an eyelid primer to prep my lids. Next, I mixed a teal shadow with a shimmery light blue and swept it across the entire lid. Then taking a golden color, I patted it onto the inner third of my top and bottom lids. I blended a shimmery medium-tone pink shadow into the crease with a blending brush, followed by a hot pink shade in the outer corner to add depth. Blend a light pink shade along the top of the crease to soften any harsh lines and take a matte white shade under the brow for a highlight. Next, I took a bright true-blue shade along the outer third of my lower lid and then the medium pink along the middle to blend the blue and gold shades together.

Taking a black liquid liner, create a thick wing for a semi-dramatic cat-eye. I do love my dramatic liner! Then, for a little added oomph, take an aqua glitter liner and trace over the black liner. Finish up by curling your lashes and applying a thick coat of mascara.



Hope you enjoyed this easy, pretty look! More to come!


Products used:
ELF Eyelid primer
ELF 100 palette
ELF Liquid liner in Black
Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers glitter liner in Magical
Covergirl LashBlast Luxe in Black Platinum

No comments:

Post a Comment