Sunday, November 20, 2011

ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

Hey guys! I’ve got a product review for you guys! It’s been a long long while since I’ve done one of these, but that’ll change in the future. Today I’m going to be talking about a bronzer/blush duo from one of my all-time favorite brands, ELF! I’m sure you’ve all seen/heard about it before, but I decided to do a little review on it, so here we go!

Claim: “Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition.”

First Impression: Holy crap, this is dark!

Let’s start with the blush, a light peachy color with lots o’ gold shimmer. The blush looks very pretty in the pan, and it swatches beautifully. However, when applied to the face, the pigment doesn’t really show up. You mostly just get a bunch of shimmer across your cheeks, which I’m not much a fan of.

The bronzer is a dark chocolatey-brown color with some gold shimmer in it. Its super super pigmented and definitely not the easiest thing in the world to blend. However, when used with an extremely light hand (and I mean light, like one dab light), the bronzer builds up into a gorgeous contour. When used lightly, it blends out nicely, and the shimmer is hardly noticeable.


This product has been likened to the NARS Orgasm/Laguna blush and bronzer duo. Having swatched both of the NARS products while window shopping at Sephora (too expensive for me!), I’d say that the bronzers are interchangeable with each other. The ELF blush, however, is not as pigmented as the NARS, though they are a very similar color. The ELF Essential blush in Glow is much more close to Orgasm in both color and pigmentation.


I give this duo 3 out of 5 stars—one star off because the blush is just ehh and another star off because the bronzer is not the easiest product to work with. I would however repurchase this once I run out, and I would recommend the bronzer, especially if you have a medium to dark skin tone (the dark brown color is probably too much for fair skin tones).

The duo is available for $3 at eyeslipsface.com and at most Targets and Kmarts.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment