Friday, November 18, 2011

Nails of the Day: Simple Fall theme

I've decided to start doing Nails of the Day since its a nice and easy way to get new nail/manicure ideas while allowing me to have some shorter blog posts ;P




I recently dug into my rather extensive nail polish collection and pulled out this old gem: CQ Java. It's rather old, so I'm not sure if it's still available, but that's just a quick Google search away. In my opinion, Java is a pretty unique shade. At first, it looks like a regular medium-tone brown, but if you look closer, you can see a purple undertone and a ton of gold shimmer. One coat will give you a nice purply-wine color with gold shimmer, but as you layer it on, it'll become a very rich bronzy-brown shade.



I applied a clear basecoat using my favorite clear polish: Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Invisible. I let the basecoat dry completely before adding three layers of Java, waiting 15 minutes between each layer. Waiting between layers helps prevent smudging or dents in your polish. Then, for a pop of color, I used one of my nail art pens, a pumpkin-color glitter with a clear base, and drew a diagonal line across each nail. The pen was part of a set of 20 that I got for Christmas last year--I'm not 100% sure who makes them!



I think this is a very fall-esque nail look and perfectly fitting for the coming holiday weekend.





If you'd like to learn more about the nail art pens, I can do a post on them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment