Saturday, December 3, 2011

ELF Wrinkle Refiner

Product review time! This review is on yet another ELF product, the newly released Wrinkle Refiner. I picked this up during a sale on the ELF website to see if it would do anything for the little wrinkles on my lower lid and my slowly emerging crow’s feet. Gahh, wrinkles!!

Claim: “Instantly smooth, soften and virtually fill in laugh lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles for a flawless finish. Key ingredients draw in moisture to smooth and plump delicate skin for a rejuvenated and youthful look. The rich blend of Wheat Protein, Horse Chestnut, Caffeine, Edelweiss, Chamomile, Shea, Mango and Vitamins A & E retexturize skin and prevents future damage and premature aging.”
First Impression: Hmm, same packaging as the Radiance Enhancer.


The wrinkle refiner comes in a twistable container with a rubber slant-tip applicator. The applicator is super soft and doesn’t pull on the skin. The product itself is a grayish-white gel which has a slight scent to it. It blends into the skin easily and you can actually see the smoothing effect happen almost instantly. It’s like using the blur tool from Photoshop on your skin. However, this effect doesn’t last.


Before and After (no retouching at all!)

After applying my face primer, I used the Wrinkle Refiner under my eyes and on the outer corners. Within minutes, my skin appeared baby smooth and felt plump and healthy. However, after I applied my foundation and concealer, and was applying my face powder, I noticed that my under eye area was starting to wrinkle! In just minutes, the creases around my eyes looked even worse than they normally do! I actually had to remove all the makeup from around my eyes and start over because it looked so bad.

I have played with this multiple times since I’ve bought it, and have had the same results each time: nice smoothness then wrinkled mayhem. I really wanted this product to work, but unfortunately, it was a fail for me. I’m going to give this 2 out 5 stars instead of just 1, only because I’ve seen reviews where it did work for other people. I won’t be repurchasing this anytime soon, and I don’t think I’ll ever recommend it to anyone. Sorry, ELF!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment