Friday, December 2, 2011

Midnight Barbie

Hey guys! I have a new night time look for you guys: Midnight Barbie! This look was inspired by an old Xsparkage video from a year or so ago. It’s a nice pink and black smoky eye with some tricked out liner, perfect for a fun night out on the town!



I began by priming my lids with a white based primer before packing on a shimmery pink shadow all across the lid, up to the crease, using a patting motion. I next took a shimmery grey shade and popped it in the inner corner and blended it into the crease, blending up until just below the brow. I deepened the crease with a matte black shadow to add some texture and define the eye more. I extended the black out until the end of the brow creating a shadowy cat eye. With a matte white shadow, I blended it along the top of the black shadow under the brow to soften the line and act as a highlight.



I then took a black cream liner as close to the lash line as possible and flicking it out at the end. I then took the liner along the lower lash line, avoiding the water line, and flicking it out at the end, but in a downward direction. With a smudge brush, I carefully smudged the liner before setting it with the black shadow.



I added another wing just below the second one, creating three wings, one pointed up and two down. Between the upper two wings, I popped a bit of the white shadow and blended outwards. Between the two lower wings, I added some of the pink shadow, blending outwards. Finally, I added some more of the white underneath the last wing, blending out.



I finished the look with two coats of mascara on top and one on bottom.


I’m very happy with this look and will most definitely be sporting it in the future. What do you guys think?



Products used:
ELF Eyelid primer in Pearl
ELF Glitz n Glam duo (from the Get the Look: Glitz n Glam collection)—pink and grey shadows
ELF Matte eye shadow in Charcoal
ELF Cream liner in Black
Unfortunately I don’t remember what white I used, but any matte white will work
L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment