Thursday, December 8, 2011

No-Heat Dolly Curls!

Hey guys! So my hair is nearly impossible to curl--I can only get it to hold after about a full can of hairspray. But when I tried this no-heat tutorial by YaYaLifestyle, which you can watch here, I was surprised at the results: perky, bouncy curls!!



It's a really simple process. Slightly dampen your hair (you can use water, but I used my Infusium 23 leave-in treatment). Go light, you don't want your hair to be dripping wet. Otherwise, your hair won't dry overnight and hold the curls.

Next, section out your hair into two or three sections. I actually did mine in four because my hair is so thick and has lots of layering.

Taking one section and a clean sock (yes, a sock), begin wrapping your hair around the sock, rolling up to your roots. Tie the ends of the sock together and pull firmly--you don't want the knot to fall out while you sleep. Don't pull too hard though, you don't want to damage your hair!

Repeat until all of your hair is tied up and then let it dry overnight. Then, in the morning, just untie all the socks and unwind your new pretty curls! These hold surprisingly well on their own, but you can spray with hairspray for extra staying power.

In case you're skeptical, I have done this multiple times before with the same results :)

Oops, upside down :)

Let me know if you try this out! I'd love to see pictures!

1 comment:

  1. cool, I'm trying this, and I posted it on pinterest.com!

    ReplyDelete