Monday, December 5, 2011

November Favorites!

Hey guys! Today I'm giving you my favorite things for the month of November!

I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup to class this semester since I have to get up super early everyday, and just can't muster the strength to put makeup on. However, when I do wear something its usually a pretty simple look. I've been loving the Wet n Wild Coloricon palette in Greed this month. All the colors are soft and creamy and are super pigmented. They also blen beautifully. Usually, I'll put the middle-left color (a matte peachy-orange) all over the lid and blend the bottom-right color (a shimmery dark grey) lightly into the crease--I like using the grey instead of a black shadow for a day look because its a lot less harsh. I use the top-left shade (matte khaki color) as a highlight.
I also am in love with my ELF Cream liner in Black. Its so smooth and long-lasting! I usually tightline using the liner with a small angled brush before smudging a bit along the upper lashline. This is great for the waterline too!

I love neutral lips. It's probably my go-to more so than any of my bright lipsticks and glosses. Unfortunately, both of my favorites this month are discontinued products. I'm so disappointed that they're no longer sold, I love them so much! One of my all-time favorite neutral lipsticks is Rimmel Lasting Finish in Birthday Suit. It's a lovely caramel color that's very similar to my lip color (but with less pink tones) and goes on super smooth. The gloss that I've been pairing with the lipstick is the Hard Candy Plexi Gloss in Nude. It's a nice smooth gloss, with little stickyness and a little bit of pigment. I love how these two look together!


My favorite scent of the month has been Bath and Body Works' Paris Amour. The scent is a blend of French tulips, pink champagne, and apple blossoms. It's so romantic and girly. I'm so obsessed with it that I have the fragrance mist, shimmer mist, mini lotion, and body gel! Ugh, amazing!


When it comes to hair care, my hair is a pain in the butt. I have very long, thick, wavy hair that's prone to split-ends and dryness. The thing with wavy hair is that you often get an oily scalp and dry ends (so true!) and you can usually go two or three days between washings (also true). Because it gets so dry, I use long-hair formula shampoo and conditioner, plus a conditioning treatment everytime I shower, and then a leave-in treatment. I use the Herbal Essences Long-Term Relationship shampoo and conditioner (which I don't love nor hate), and the Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Moist deep conditioner (Love!).
But my true favorite this month has been my leave-in conditioner: the Infusium 23 Moisture Replenisher Leave-In Treatment. It's a milky colored liquid that you pour out onto your hands and work through damp hair. I usually leave my hair in a towel for about 15 minutes or so before taking it down and putting this through it, concentrating on the ends. I never put hydrating stuff on the top of my head because the extra moisture will make your scalp greasy and gross. I also like to twist my hair into a bun and squirt the Infusium into the bun--this works well to distribute more product!
You can find Infusium 23 products at Walmart and CVS.

Songs on Repeat:
"Sexy and I Know It"~LMFAO
"Part Rock Anthem"~LMFAO
"Royal T"~Crookers ft. Roisin Murphy
"Blanco"~Pitbull
Supermassive Black Hole~Muse
Uprising~Muse
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk~Trace Adkins

Other favorites this month:


  • Scunci hair clips--to get that hair out of my face!

  • Shimmery, sparkly nail polish (silver and chamagne shades are so winter!)

  • The Mummy Returns (I've watched it about 5 times this month!)

  • Nutella!!--Gads, is there anything better?

  • Coke Zero (I'm addicted!)

  • Hockey!! Golden Gophers are number one in the WCHA!! Go Gophers!

No comments:

Post a Comment