Friday, January 27, 2012

L'Oreal Project Runway Collection

On a semi-recent trip to my local Walgreens, I was lucky enough to find a grouping of L'Oreal's Limited Edition Project Runway collection in the clearance aisle. I can't tell you how excited I was! I saw the collection earlier this last fall, but everything was fairly pricey by drugstore standards (one of the eye quads was 9 bucks!). When I saw these for a fraction of the price, I couldn't resist!

If you're unfamiliar with the collection, there were 4 complete sets of an eye quad, a blush/bronzer, a lipstick, and one or two nail polishes based on four different birds: raven, owl, cockatoo, and amazon. At my Walgreens, they had all 4 lipsticks and blushes, two of the eye quads, and 5 nail polishes.

I ended up buying one lipstick, 4 nail polishes, and 2 eyeshadow quads.


The lipstick I picked up was Sultry Raven's Pout, a nice neutral-nude color. I believe emilynoel83 said it was a dupe for L'Oreal's Fairest Nude, so if you missed out on this one, you can still get a similar shade.
Sultry Raven's Pout
Of the five nail polishes there, I picked up four.
Left to Right: Cockatoo's Wisdom, Amazon's Flash, Amazon's Flare, & Raven's Strength
Cockatoo's Wisdom (creme finish) is a dark purplish-grey color with a tinge of brown. I think it's a great fall/winter shade, but it's very sheer--you'll need at least 3 coats for an even finish.

Amazon's Flash is a super shimmery gold glitter in a clear base. The glitter is very finely milled and shines like crazy.


Amazon's Flare (creme finish) is a solid hot pink. Its soo pretty! It'll be perfect for spring/summer.

Raven's Strength is a dark grey with silver shimmer. Another great winter shade!


Finally, I picked up two eyeshadow quads.
Audacious Amazon's Gaze

This quad has a slightly shimmery lime green/chartreuse, a matte yellow, a shimmery/pearl rusty orange, and a bright matter purple.
All the shades are nicely pigmented


Watchful Owl's Gaze

This quad has a metallic gold, a shimmery champagne, a shimmery medium-tone brown, and a dark chocolate brown with gold shimmer.
Absolutely love this quad!


I'm really happy with my purchases, and I can't wait to start playing with them! I think out of everything, the eyeshadow quads are my absolute favorites. If you'd like reviews on any of the products, let me know!

See you in a later post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment