Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Songs of the Month Vol.1

Hey guys! Now, I'm a huge music lover. I can't go a day without listening to my mp3 player, and I've never driven a car with the radio off since I first got behind the wheel. The other day, while listening to my favorite song of the moment, I thought why don't I blog about these? So, I've decided to start sharing my favorite songs, hopefully on a monthly basis.

1. "Hey Na Na" by Katie Herzig
This is my all-time favorite song of the moment--I've probably listened to it 2-4 times everyday for the past two weeks! The first time I saw/heard it was on Dianna Agron's Tumblr and I instantly fell in love with it. From the first beat, all you want to do is sort of bounce up-and-down in place, an urge that continues throughout the entire song. The lyrics are sweet and slightly whimsical, and Katie is unbelievably easy to sing along with. The video is kooky, funny, and eccentric,  but surprisingly simple.


2. "Secret" by the Pierces
Sister duo Catherine and Allison Pierce bring the next song on my list. "Secret" has a definite 60s vibe with its soft, echoing vocal sound, accordion accompaniment, and mod styling. Catherine has a great Bridget Bardot look going on while Allison's back-up vocals are slightly haunting. The chorus is unbelievably catchy, and I just can't stop listening to it!
(Any Pretty Little Liars fans out there? This song was featured on the show!)


3. "Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy" by Tata Young
Every party girl's new anthem! The first time I saw/heard this, I'd been watching a bunch of Disney mash-ups on YouTube. This song came up and I instantly loved it. I love how the lyrics convey a confident girl who doesn't give a rip about what others think about her. Slightly inappropriate, I'll admit, but it's definitely become my go-to confidence booster. (I think the video here is funny too; it really captures some aspects of Disney's heroines!)



4. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson/Glee
Ok, I'm kind of cheating on this one since it's two different artists, but oh well. I'm obsessed with this song! I love it the first time I heard it during that car commercial Kelly was in, and then I loved it even more when Glee performed it. It's the perfect song for the single-and-loving-it crowd or just to fist pump to with your girls.

And the Glee version:


And that's all for February! Let me know in the comments what YOU've been listening to all month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment