Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY "Flutter" ring

A while back, I was surfing style.com looking at the designer shows for Spring 2012. While looking through the accessories, I spotted this super cute ring by Flutter. It reminded me of those little anchor buttons that you seem to see everywhere, and I though, why not make my own? So I did!
Too cute, right?

Here is what the finished product looks like:
It's not exactly alike, but it has the same vibe.


What you need:
  • A gold ring
  • A gold button
  • Wire cutters
  • Super glue

Take your wire cutters and snip off the little loopy thing off the back of the button, getting as close to the button as possible.


Take an old ring (mine was in the back of an old jewelry box) and super glue the button to the top/front of the ring.


Don't skimp on the super glue--you don't want the button to randomly pop off!



Let the glue dry completely, and ta-da! You're very own designer ring!



I hope you enjoyed this little mini-DIY. You could also use different buttons for a variety of different looks. The sky's the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment