Monday, May 14, 2012

ELF Eye Transformer

Hey guys, I'm back with another product review! This time around I'll be reviewing ELF's Studio Eye Transformer!



Claim: "Convert your shadows into brand new shades with these four opalescent shadows. Wear alone, under, over or in combination with your other makeup. The opal tones transform your dark color into a new shimmering hue."


The Eye Transformer contains four shades: green, orange, pink, and blue. They're super sheer, but have almost a duo-chrome effect. Very pretty! They reflect a very similar texture that some no-so-good ELF eye shadows have (that strange, densely packed, almost hard texture) which I don't really like.

On top, swatched over Maybelline Eye Tattoo in Too Cool;
center, swatched alone;
on bottom, swatched over ELF cream liner in black.

Overall, I think this product is...ok. The shades really do enhance or change your eye shadow but it depends on the color. As you can see from the swatches, they're basically invisible over a white base, semi-visible alone, and quite visible over a black. In fact, they're downright gorgeous over the black.

How gorgeous is that??
I like using this product when I want to add a little somein' somein' to my basic liner. I also think these would be great for a peacock Halloween look. You can't really wear them alone, as they're too sheer to really pick up around the eyes, and they don't do much for lighter shadows. But over blacks, these are wonderful.

I would say at this is a take-it-or-leave-it product. It's not a vital product to have in your collection, but it sure is fun to play with.


This is available on eyeslipsface.com for $3.

No comments:

Post a Comment