Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Beauty Haul!!

Hey guys! I know I've been super terrible about posting this month, but March has been pretty hectic! I had three midterms the first week, then Spring Break, then more school, my 20th birthday yesterday, and have three tests next week. Phew!

Anywho, I thought I'd post about the latest additions to my makeup/nail polish collections! I did forget one thing (Rimmel lipstick in Crush) but otherwise, this is everything I've gotten for myself this past month. Self-control at its finest ;) The majority of the haul is nail polish (who knew I was a closet-junkie? Certainly not me!), so much so, that I had to promise my mother that I wouldn't buy any new polish until May. Gahh! And of course, now all I can think about is all the new shades I want.

Well anyways, here's to the haul!

Picture's upside down--I'm a genius

The first two things I picked up were from the Dollar Tree. I just love dollar stores--you never know what you're gonna find! I managed to find some ELF Studio 2 in 1 Conditioning Glosses which normally sell for $3 at eyeslipsface.com. The two colors I picked up were Love It and Fanatic.


Love It is a lovely bubblegum pink with gold shimmer.


Fanatic is an awesome bright orangey-red with lots of gold shimmer.

Top: Fanatic
Bottom: Love It


Next, I got two glitter eyeliners from Hot Topic. I'd gone to the mall with my little bro and he wanted to go in to find a CD. Browsing around I found a whole rack of makeup that was on sale for $1.99 each. I couldn't resist a steal like that, especially with the pretty colors they had!


The eyeliners are by Wet Paint Beauty and I got the shades Monster and Tornado.

I liked the brush!

Monster; Left--1 sweep, Right--3 sweeps
Monster is a clear base with mainly grey glitter. There is a bit of multi-color glitter, but the silvery-grey is more dominant.

Tornado; Left--1 swipe, Right--3 swipes
Tornado was also a clear base, but had blue-based purple glitter.


This is the only product in the haul that I didn't actually buy. My sister has turned into quite a little polish freak, and for some reason, had two of these. So, I might have *ahem* stolen one :) This is one of NYC's quick dry nail polishes in Wall Street.
Wall Street NOTD!
Wall Street is the epitome of a girly pink. It has a soft silver sheen to it and reminds me so much of my old Barbie Playhouse. The only downside is it's super sheer; I used three coats and still have a visible nail line.


Next up is another Wet n Wild megalast polish. I'm obsessed! These are such a good formula, although the brush is little ehh. The shade I bought is called Bite the Bullet.


Bite the Bullet is what I've deemed an ugly-pretty color. It's a lilac-y purple creme with the slightest hint of grey. Its not my typical choice of nail color, but I thought it was pretty in an ugly sort of way.


Now for the part I'm most excited for: The Hunger Games Collection!!!!!

I've been obsessed with the Hunger Games ever since they announced it was going to be a movie. I read the book when it first came out, and then re-read it over Christmas break. When I found out China Glaze was doing a collection, I was practically giddy!

I only bought 5 of the 12 polishes, because I already had colors similar to those in the collection. I bought them off of sallybeauty.com for $3.50 each (regularly $7, but I'm a Beauty Club member).
The shades I got were Harvest Moon, Mahogany Magic, Fast Track, Stone Cold, and Riveting.


Harvest Moon is a gorgeous copper foil. It's so shimmery and awesome that when I put it on, I couldn't stop looking at it!


Mahogany Magic is a yellow-based brown creme. The pictures make it look a lot lighter than it is. Its actually quite a bit darker--it actually looks like melted milk chocolate!


Fast Track is a cool-toned beige neutral with a whole lot o' gold microglitters. It's such a cool way to rock a neutral mani without being completely boring. This one is also a shade that you'll catch yourself staring at throughout the day.


Stone Cold is a steely grey metallic. What makes it so unique is that it's actually a matte! I've never owned a matte polish, so I knew I just had to get it. It comes out looking exactly like stone, or like graphite from a pencil. So cool!



And finally, my favorite of the bunch: Riveting. Riveting is an orange-based jelly with orange and gold shimmer in it. It's bright and punchy and eye catching and probably my new favorite polish! I wore this baby when I went to the Hunger Games on Saturday. If you guys haven't seen it yet, get your tickets now. It's unbelievably awesome.
If you'd like to see swatches of all the colors in the collection check it out here. That's the site I used to pick out which shades I wanted. Be aware though, ALU's pictures make the polishes appear a LOT lighter than they really are!


I hope you guys enjoyed this haul, and will see you in a later post!

1 comment:

  1. I have that NYC Nail Polish and Harvest Moon! :)

    ReplyDelete