Tuesday, April 10, 2012

xsparkage's Peachy Keen Jelly Bean! look

Hey guys, tutorial time! This look is based off a makeup look that Leesha at xsparkage did back in January. I recently got a bright orange shadow and bright blue liner, so I thought I'd give the look a try. It's bright, colorful, and surprisingly wearable!

Watch the original video here.


Jump!



To start, I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy all over the lid with my finger.

Then, I took a blending brush and gradually packed on NYX Ultra Pearl Mania loose shadow in Orange Zest Pearl all over the color base (go slow with this product, a little goes a long way!).


Next, I took a matte brown shadow that's just a shade or two darker than my skin tone (I used Wet n Wild's Vanity palette, the center left shade) and blended into my crease, half way up to my browbone. I also applied it along my lower lashline.

Then I took a darker matte brown (Ardell Brow Defining powder in Taupe) into the outer crease and on the outer half of the lower lid to add depth.


I used the top left shade of the Vanity palette as a highlight and to soften the blended crease line.

I next took a NYX liquid liner in Extreme Blue and lined the upper lid, starting about a third of the way in before winging it out on the corners.

I finished off the look with Maybelline PulsePerfection mascara on the top and bottom lashes.

It's not quite exactly like Leesha's, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out! See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment