Sunday, June 24, 2012

Collective Summer Nail Polish Haul


Hey guys! Today I have a huge nail polish haul for you. These are all the polishes I've gathered in the past 6 weeks or so. Most are brand-firsts for me (Essie, Maybelline, Revlon, ELF, Sinful Colors) and others were on my to-get list for forever. This one is picture heavy, so enjoy!
(Oh, and excuse my icky chipped nails!)



First we have Revlon Nail Enamel in Muse. This is what I describe as an ugly-pretty color. It's a light olive creme which is not all that attractive, but I, for some reason, think it's super pretty. This looks great against a summer tan and goes for days with no chipping!



Next we have Nail Junkie by Sinful Colors. This color is gorgeous!! Its a clear teal based glitter with chunky gold, teal, royal blue, and lime green glitters. Its so beautiful, especially in the sun! It's also quite opaque--it can be worn alone with just 2 coats!


Lavender Marquis, Heart to Heart

Now we have two Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polishes in Lavender Marquis and Heart to Heart. Lavender Marquis is a pretty lavender opal shade, very similar to mother-of-pearl. It's quite sheer so I would suggest layering it over another color. Heart to Heart is a tomato red creme. Its quite opaque after 2 coats, but I usually do 3 since I deplore a visible nail line.



Next come two NYC polishes, one from the New York Color Minute line and the other from their Long Wearing line. The first is Times Square which is perhaps my all-time favorite red. It's an electric red creme with the slightest, slightest pink tinge. This is actually my second bottle of it--I finished my last one completely!


Starry Silver Glitter is a clear-based glitter with silver and iridescent microglitters and chunky lavender and blue glitters. I haven't used this one yet, but it sure does look pretty. It's also a dupe for one of Revlon's Nail Enamels and a Sally Hansen Crushed Gem polish.



My first ever ELF polish--Golden Goddess. Surprising considering how much I love ELF products. Golden Goddess is a clear-based glitter with gold shimmer and chunky iridescent glitter. I haven't used this one yet either, but have high hopes for it. One thing I disliked right away though was its smell--horrendous!



Another first, here is Maybelline's Color Show in Bold Gold. I love this color! It's a gold metallic with a bit of silver shimmer. It was surprisingly opaque. If you're careful, you'll only need 1 coat! But be careful when applying, because it can streak like crazy.


Forever Yummy, Wrapped in Rubies, Sand Tropez

 I was extremely excited to pick up these Essie polishes. They were on sale for only 3 bucks each! I tried to pick up some colors that I didn't already have, but did find one dupe in my collection. First we have Forever Yummy, a medium-toned red creme (sensing a theme here?). It's a bit lighter than OPI's Chick Flick Cherry but darker than the other 2 reds I picked up.
Wrapped in Rubies is a burgundy shade with gold shimmer throughout. Unfortunately, this is the shade I doubled--it's almost the exact same shade as Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in Burgundy Frost. I think both of these colors will be perfect for fall.


Finally, we have Sand Tropez, my favorite of the group. It is a cool-toned khaki creme which I thought would look horrible against my warm-tone skin, but actually totally works. It's also very opaque in only 2-3 coats and lasts forever even without a top coat. This color just might become my go-to neutral/nude color.


Boozy Brunch, Now You Sea Me, Violet Vixen

 These polishes are from L'Oreal's fairly recent revamp of their polishes. I thought these colors were so perfect for summer. All three are creme finishes (my favorite finish) and are fairly opaque though a little streaky. Boozy Brunch is a straight-up tangerine orange; it's actually more orange-y than L'Oreal's Tangerine Crush! Now You Sea Me is a faded sky blue, like a blue that's been left out in the sun too long and bleached out slightly. This shade is the streakiest of the three I got.


Violet Vixen is a lovely raspberry purple. Of the 3 polishes I got, this one is the most opaque and the least streaky.


Champagne Bubbles, Pool Party

The polish I've been the most excited for is China Glaze's Pool Party. It's a neon highlighter pink and is utterly bombastic. It's so freakin' pretty, I can't stop looking at it. The bigger picture doesn't do it justice. The China Glaze color I got is Champagne Bubbles, a yellow-gold frosty shade with silver glitters. The picture makes it look a lot more muted than it really is. I'm also happy because it was only 99 cents on clearance from ULTA. Score!!



Last but not least, my first OPI Shatter polish in Red Shatter. I'm already a fan of the China Glaze Crackles, and I've been lusting after a red shatter-effect polish for a long long time. Luckily, this one was on clearance at ULTA for only $2.99! It's a red creme that's almost the exact same shade as Essie Forever Yummy. I can't wait to play with this one!


That's it from my long long haul. As you can see, I'm slightly nail obsessed. Only slightly. For some cool nail art ideas, check out my Pinterest nail board, Feed the Addiction. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys in a later post!

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for an award on my blog! :)

    http://looksandbookswithbecca.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super love your blog!
    and the reddy red Essie nail polish.

    ReplyDelete