Sunday, June 9, 2013

Paris is in Seine! (See What I Did There?)

Haha I'm so punny. I make other punny people laugh. Or cry with dismay.

SOoo, here's the sitch: I'm studying abroad in Paris. No joke. At this moment I am in Paris. I'm laying in my bed with a glass of wine and the Eiffel Tower is right outside my window. Ok, so I'm not actually drinking wine right now (though I have a bottle in the fridge) nor can you see the Eiffel Tower from my window. But I am really in Paris.

See? That's me in front of the Musée d'Orsay. Google it.
I've been thinking about this for a while. Thinking about what, you ask? Writing. Writing a helpful guide for people like me who are inexperienced travelers. Travelers who ask a million questions and obsessively worry about everything that can go wrong instead of getting excited for their first ever trip to freaking Europe. Those absolutely convinced that their luggage will be lost in transit so much so that they squeeze anything with a smidgen of sentimental value into their carry on. Those who are paranoid that foreign outlets are going to fry their life's blood computer but have no qualms plugging in their smartphone. Those who get lost in a town they've lived in for the past ten years on their way to retake the ACT. Those people. My kind of people.

So here I will be presenting a short, sort of ongoing series about how to prepare for and survive a trip to Paris. Hopefully this helps someone, because otherwise, I'm just talking to myself. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment